CALL FOR PAPERS
Scientific Track will be allocated for organizations working on organic initiatives that contribute to the development of the organic movement. Sessions in scientific track are an occasion to discuss potential improvement in respective fields of activity.
A total of 24 scientific sessions will examine the following: systems, plant production, animal husbandry, socio-economics, processing, trade, and human nutrition research. Each session will have a maximum of three oral and there is no limit in poster presentations. The sessions will be one and a half hours.
The sessions of the Scientific Track will focus on the following three issues:
a) Bridging the gap between poor and rich areas of the world
b) Bridging the gap between scientific knowledge and practice
c) Bridging the gap between new and old technology
Researchers are invited to submit their results as full papers between two and four pages for the above mentioned scientific sessions in English. The submission will be evaluated in a review process organized by a scientific committee of the International Society of Organic Farming Research and the local Turkish partner Ege University.
- The paper has to be written in English.
- The paper has to be typed in MS Word.
- The paper should not exceed 4 pages (2500 words).
- The text (including tables) should be single-spaced, left and right justified and typed using 12-point Times New Roman. The text should be type typeset on A4 and a 3.5 margin on the left side of the page is desirable, while all the other sides may be kept at 2.5 cm. Paragraphs should be separated by a blank line and there should be no indent at the beginning of the paragraphs.
- Italics should be used for names of species (e.g. Ovis Aries), logi, genes or markers (e.g. MCW0168) and Latin expressions (e.g. et al and ad lib.)
- The paper, whenever possible, should be structured in major headings and sub headings, including: Introduction, methods and materials, figures and tables, results and conclusions, references.
- The title should be upper case and bold. The names of all authors/presenters should be included. The e-mail address of the leading author/presenter should be given. A website address should also be given, if applicable.
- For the proceedings CD, the document will be converted into a PDF. This conversion sometimes changes the graphs. We therefore recommend strongly that you convert your document into PDF in order to check if the graphs are still fine after the conversion.
- Before submitting the paper, please take a look at the print out of the paper.
Submissions must be made through Organic Eprints:
- Register at Organic Eprints.
- Select from the list "Submit a paper or a poster to a conference" as Eprint type and only the corresponding track "2014: 18th IFOAM OWC Scientific Track: 4th ISOFAR Scientific Conference" as Research Affiliation and enter other required information.
- Deposit your paper.
- Opening call: 15 March 2013
- Deadline for submission: 30 September 2013
- Evaluation result to authors: 31 December 2013
- Final paper submission: 31 January 2014
- Final decision of the scientific committee and information about foreseen session, if oral or poster: 31 March 2014